Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A New Beginning?

I woke up this morning with the decision that to jump-start my writing habits and prod Musie into being creative again, I would re-open my blog. So here I am, shutting down the other, identical blog, and writing an opening post for this one, which I tried to do weeks ago and just couldn't make the words flow.

At this point in life, I'm a mess. Long distance is hard enough under "normal" circumstances, or whatever you can expect from the relationship on a regular basis. But when something throws a wrench in those plans, and makes long distance even harder, all hell could break loose.

And it seems to me that we're almost at that point.

But let me drop back a bit and elaborate.

Master and I's two year anniversary came and went in March 2013. Since about then, he'd been contemplating joining the military, researching the different branches and their benefits, what they do, where they serve, etc. He joined the Army, active duty (I believe, since my head is still jumbly), despite the protests of his family, wife, and three subs, and left for basic training on September 16.

Since then, school and family have been my priorities, and both are incredibly complicated and stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment